Around 7 million women suffer from depression, and women are twice as likely to develop depression as men.
Research continues on why women suffer from depression and what to do about it. Cultural expectations, economic stress, health challenges, ongoing pressures of trying to fulfill multiple roles, difficulties in achieving goals, your environment, relationships, and family history can factor in depression.
Research has shown that we can influence our own body chemistry and increase joy in our lives with certain habits.
9 HABITS FOR A JOYFUL MIND IN A HEALTHY BODY
1. Move Your Body: Exercise for at least 20 minutes most days of the week.
2. Stay Curious and Creative: Explore new ideas every day. Try new recipes, problem solving approaches and activities that stimulate your imagination and creativity
3. Be in Community: Nurture close-knit human bonds and your social support network.
4. Prime Your Spirit: Connect with your sources of inspiration through meditation and or prayer daily.
5. Appreciate Interdependence: Balance intake with output without waste. Make choices with future generations in mind.
6. Enjoy Environmental Simplicity: Embrace the peace and freedom that comes with enjoying a manageable and simple environment. Eliminate distracting clutter.
7. Aspire to Your Potential: Achieving daily, weekly and monthly goals builds confidence and generates feel good, pain reducing, and stress reducing molecules in your body and mind.
8. Live With Gratitude. Gratitude is good medicine and practicing that feeling throughout your day reduces anxiety and fear. Keep a gratitude journal. Writing 3 entries every day boosts immunity and reduces depression.
9. Disconnect. Manage your screen time. Studies in Germany revealed that social media is more addictive than alcohol. Use the time you save by putting limits on your screen time to enjoy the first 8 habits!
You can live mindfully and joyfully by paying attention to these simple habits. Support your choices with the assistance of BRIGHTERSTEP.